By Dan Wellman
Ten useful tasks that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's tools and homes are utilized in genuine events. Covers jQuery 1.9.
• discover ways to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest similar applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout.js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and similar applied sciences. each one undertaking specializes in a specific topic or component of the API, but additionally appears at anything similar, like jQuery's respectable templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and comparable technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1.9, through finishing the 10 person tasks lined within the book.
Some of the initiatives that we'll paintings via over the process this e-book contain a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an unlimited scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery tools and methods to exploit during which events with jQuery Hotshots.
What you are going to study from this book
• the right way to use the most recent model of jQuery (1.9) in real-world events.
• Create a jQuery plugin dependent for supplier and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node.js and Grunt.js, and how one can run unit checks utilizing qUnit.
• construct on most sensible of on-line prone like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with info.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout.js.
• Use the most recent net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic web content.
This publication takes a hands-on, tutorial-style method that walks you step -by -step via 10 person initiatives that every specialise in generating a selected, real-world product or program.
Who this publication is written for
This publication is aimed essentially at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery event, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their latest abilities with jQuery.
By the top of the publication, you may have an exceptional wisdom of all of the components had to deal with info from each attainable resource, from high-end medical tools to Arduino forums, from Hypertext Preprocessor SQL databases queries to easy HTML tables, and from Matlab calculations to experiences in Excel.
- Create every kind of charts utilizing the most recent applied sciences to be had on browsers
- Full of step by step examples, Create internet Charts with D3 introduces you progressively to all points of chart improvement, from the information resource to the alternative of which approach to apply.
- This ebook presents a couple of instruments that may be the start line for any undertaking requiring graphical representations of knowledge, no matter if utilizing advertisement libraries or your own
By Nicolas Bevacqua
Purchase of the print booklet features a unfastened e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
- Automated improvement, checking out, and deployment processes
- Modular, maintainable, and well-tested applications
- Master asynchronous flows, include MVC, and layout a relaxation API
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Introduction to construct First
- Composing construct projects and flows
- Mastering environments and the advance workflow
- Release, deployment, and monitoring
- Embracing modularity and dependency management
- Leveraging the Model-View-Controller
- REST API layout and layered provider architectures
PART 1 construct PROCESSES
PART 2 handling COMPLEXITY
By Adrian Dobre
By Adam Freeman
This 88-page primer unveils the main beneficial properties of Microsoft's eagerly expected home windows eight working procedure. home windows eight comprises the innovative Metro software framework for construction dynamic and responsive touch-enabled functions that concentrate on either computers and cellular devices.
What you’ll learn
- Create and configure Metro purposes
- Implement a touch-enabled person interface
- Store info and alertness country utilizing the Metro endurance version
- Access distant info utilizing Metro networking
- Package and install your Metro software to the app shop
Who this e-book is for
This e-book is for early-adopters of the home windows eight working process operating with the shopper Preview as a way to be prior to the curve in comprehend the recent methods of operating that the working method introduces.
Table of Contents
- Creating the UI
- Responding to the consumer
- Storage and endurance
- Packaging and Deployment
those chapters are supported through a considerable stand by myself code sample.
Learn tips on how to strengthen REST-style and SOAP-based internet companies and consumers with this quickly and thorough creation. This hands-on publication provides a transparent, pragmatic method of internet providers by way of delivering an architectural review, entire operating code examples, and brief but distinctive directions for compiling, deploying, and executing them. You’ll how you can write prone from scratch and combine present prone into your Java applications.
With higher emphasis on REST-style providers, this moment version covers HttpServlet, Restlet, and JAX-RS APIs; jQuery consumers opposed to REST-style prone; and JAX-WS for SOAP-based prone. Code samples contain an Apache Ant script that compiles, programs, and deploys net services.
- Learn adjustments and similarities among REST-style and SOAP-based services
- Program and convey RESTful net companies, utilizing Java APIs and implementations
- Write SOAP-based net providers with an emphasis at the software level
- Examine the handler and shipping degrees in SOAP-based messaging
- Learn wire-level protection in HTTP(S), users/roles protection, and WS-Security
- Use a Java software Server (JAS) as a substitute to a standalone net server
- Get began fast by utilizing a Backbone.js and Browserify
- Track country and set up information with spine versions and collections
- Capture occasions from clients by utilizing perspectives and manipulating the Dom
- Combine spine perspectives with complicated Html templates
- Use spine to browse distant info assets from an Api
- Authenticate and authorize client-side interactions
- Build a backend Api with Node.js and Restify
- Set up workflow automation with Bower, Grunt, Yeoman, and RequireJs
By Vanessa Wang, Frank Salim, Peter Moskovits
The Definitive advisor to HTML5 WebSocket is the final word insider’s WebSocket source. This progressive new internet expertise lets you harness the ability of real real-time connectivity and construct responsive, sleek net applications.
This booklet includes every little thing net builders and designers want to know approximately WebSocket. It discusses how WebSocket-based architectures supply a dramatic relief in pointless community overhead and latency in comparison to older HTTP (Ajax) architectures, how one can layer well-known protocols resembling XMPP and STOMP on most sensible of WebSocket, and the way to safe WebSocket connections and install WebSocket-based purposes to the company. construct real-time net functions with HTML5.
- Introduces you to the WebSocket API and protocol
- Describes and gives real-world examples of protocol communique over WebSocket
- Explains WebSocket protection and firm deployment
By Eric Sarrion
With the jQuery UI library, you could follow the facility and criteria of jQuery to person interface layout, entire with interactive parts, animation, and themeable widgets. This concise, code-heavy consultant demonstrates the way to harness interactive positive factors that HTML5 lacks, together with tabs, accordions, and conversation containers. You’ll additionally methods to application universal yet complicated projects, equivalent to dealing with drag and drop and autocomplete, that make it more uncomplicated for clients to engage together with your site.
This booklet covers the next extensions in model 1.8:
- Tab management
- Accordion menus
- Dialog boxes
- Progress bars
- Date pickers
- Drag and drop management
- Selection, resizing, and switching of elements
- New visible effects
Over eighty recipes to utilize JSON on your laptop, server, internet, and cellular applications
About This Book
- Practical examples to teach you ways to leverage JSON from various program domains
- Become the go-to individual for development JSON-enabled internet functions on your organization
Who This e-book Is For
If you are writing functions that flow based information from one position to a different, this publication is for you. this can be very true if you have been utilizing XML to do the activity simply because it truly is totally attainable that you can do a lot of an analogous paintings with much less code and no more facts overhead in JSON.
While the book's chapters make a few contrast among the customer and server facets of an software, it isn't important in case you are a frontend, backend, or full-stack developer. the foundations at the back of utilizing JSON follow to either the buyer and the server, and in reality, builders who comprehend each side of the equation normally craft the simplest applications.
What you are going to Learn
- Learn to exploit JSON in a type-safe strategy to stay away from universal info typing errors
- Exchange facts with NoSQL databases comparable to MongoDB and CouchDB with JSON
- Make the main of JSON in AJAX internet functions, without or with a framework
- Exchange facts among servers and cellular functions working on Android and iOS with JSON
- Practical examples to teach you ways to leverage JSON from various software domains